Post Graduate Diploma in Software Development (PGDSD)
- The PGDSD program is designed to inculcate strong problem solving and programming competencies in students to be able to enhance the employability skills in students for a rewarding career in software development.
- The PGDSD program will be a 9-month long job-oriented program having industry tested curriculum taught by highly rated Professors of MIIT, on deputation from the highly acclaimed IIIT, Bangalore, India. The program is designed to develop strong competencies in problem solving, programming and application development specifically to kick start a career as an entry level software developer in world’s leading companies.
- The curriculum is based on the highly successful implementations of the program by IIITB in India and acknowledged as a high-quality, transformative program by the IT Industry in India. The program is a judicious mix of face-to-face classroom lectures, guided self-learning, structured technology-enabled laboratory sessions that emphasize “learn by doing”, peer group based collaborative learning, and person-centric guided learning through actionable intelligence.
- The evidence of its effectiveness is shown by the demonstrable transformation seen in Batch 1 of PGDSD who graduated in April 2015 and are gainfully employed in the IT industry in Myanmar and abroad.
- Classroom sessions are handled by excellent professors from IIITB, and students work with powerful technology-enabled practice and assessment labs to develop competencies. This program will be conducted entirely at Mandalay, Myanmar. Initially, the program will start at the temporary campus in UCSM, Mandalay. By December 2015, the program is likely to shift to the brand new campus in Mandalay City.
- The selection of candidates for the PGDSD programme shall be done through an entrance examination to be conducted in Mandalay and in Yangon on 16th October 2015, Tuesday from 10 AM.
9 months, structured as 3 quarters
- Graduates of Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent like B.C.Sc. or B.Sc. with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- The candidates should have obtained 60% or more marks (or equivalent in grades) in their final year examination.
PGDSD Program Structure
PGDSD 312PGDSD 313
||Algorithms, Data Structures & Problem Solving (using C)
||RDBMS & SQL
||Web Programming Basics
||Software Engineering Practices I
||Object Oriented Concepts & Programming (using Core Java)
||Web Application Development
||Object Oriented Analysis & Design
||Software Engineering Practices II
||Software Development Project
||Software Engineering Practices III
Benefits of Joining MIIT Program
- Focused on competencies development for employability in IT Industry.
- Taught by world-class Professors from IIIT, Bangalore, India.
- Free laptop for the program, with all necessary software tools.
- Free text and reference books with e-Reader for the program.
- Free access to high-quality learning, practice and automated assessment labs with hundreds of problems.
- Free training on English language and communication for additional competencies development.
- Free access to several practice aptitude tests covering quantitative, analytical and verbal skills.
- Above all, free placement training and facilities by professionals.
- Top 3 students who complete the PGDSD program will be eligible for an all-expenses-paid study tour to IIIT, Bangalore, India and a visit to Bodh Gaya funded by IIIT, Bangalore for 2-3 weeks.
The fees for the entire program is 500000 kyats for 9 months. Attractive scholarships are available for meritorious students. Typically, for the top meritorious 15% of the students the fees are waived completely. The next 15% meritorious students are provided scholarship up to 50%. Admitted students from economically weak families will be considered for scholarship on a case-by-case basis.
Interested eligible candidates may apply online at http://www.uscm.edu.mm on or before 9th October 2015. Admission will be based on an Entrance Examination conducted at University of Computer Studies at Yangon, and at Mandalay, on 16th October, 2015 (Tuesday).
The PGDSD entrance examination will comprise a test of multiple choice questions on quantitative ability, general aptitude and very basic programming ability. The test has four sections with durations as indicated below. The candidates will not be allowed to return to a previous section after moving to a subsequent one. Each section will have a minimum cut off marks that candidate must obtain to pass this stage of the selection process.
|Total Duration: 2 hrs
Verbal Ability is the cognitive ability to use words or use the English language effectively. Verbal Ability questions will involve retrieval, formation, modification and processing of the English language.
The Analytical Ability test involves reasoning that helps in analyzing and synthesizing information, applying broad analysis to arrive at conclusions, understanding complex relationships, using systems perspectives while handling a problem or a situation.
The Quantitative Ability tests a candidate on his/her numerical capability.
The Computing Aptitude test assesses the candidate’s fundamentals in Computer Problem Solving using Algorithms, Array, Data structures, etc.
Get in touch with us
Get in touch with us on social media
Education - This is a contributing Drupal Theme
Design by WeebPal